Holders of passports who do not require a visa to enter Spain
1. The European Union, Iceland, Norway and Switzerland
• Residency requirements for EU citizens planning to live in Spain for more than three months. The Spanish Government has introduced residency requirements for all EU citizens who plan to reside in Spain for more than three months.
• Passports and travel documents are required to be valid during the duration of the visit. You do not need a minimum of validity in your passport or travel document to travel to Spain.
• Children included in the parent’s passport must be accompanied by the parent. The child’s right to travel on the passport will lapse depending on the age stipulated by the issuing country and be under 16 years of age.
• A letter of consent is recommended if the child (holding a valid passport) is not travelling with the parents (mother or the father if he has parental responsibility) or guardian. Anyone under the age of 18 is considered a minor and is subject to parental control or adult supervision. Parents or guardians are responsible for the actions of their children. Unaccompanied minors fall under the jurisdiction of Social Services for the Protection of Minors.
• Children travelling alone and using a National Identity card must have written parental consent.
• It is important that the name on your ticket matches the name on your passport exactly. Please consult with the airline before travelling.
2. For visits not exceeding ninety days per six-month period, visas are not required for holders of valid passports issued by the following countries or dependencies:
Antigua and Barbuda
Bosnia Herzegovina *
British nationals (Overseas)
British overseas territories citizens (BOTC)
British overseas citizens (BOC)
British protected persons (BPP)
British subjects (BS)
Hong Kong Special Administrative Region
Former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia (FYROM) *
Macao Special Administrative Region
Northern Mariana Islands (passports from the US)
St. Kitts and Nevis
St. Vincent and Grenadines
Taiwan (only holder of passports which contain identity card number)
Trinidad and Tobago
United Arab Emirates
* Only when holding a biometric passport. If not, a visa is required.
** Only when holding a biometric passport. If not, a visa is required, excluding holders of passports delivered by KOORDINACIONA UPRAVA.
3. Holders of Travel Documents issued under the Geneva Convention of July 1951, by the following countries:
Belgium, Cyprus, Denmark, Germany, Iceland, Ireland, Liechtenstein, Luxembourg, Norway, Netherlands, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, United Kingdom
4. Crew members of airlines and merchant navy.
5. If you hold a valid residence permit in any of the Schengen member states, you are entitled to re-enter the Schengen area without a visa on production of your proof of residence and your passport.
6. Under Directive 2004/38/EC and according to Real Decreto 240/2007, 16 February, family members of an EU/EEA national in possession of a valid UK Residence Card specifying its condition as a family member do not require a visa to enter Spain when travelling with the EU/EEA National or joining him/her in Spain. Otherwise, a visa will be still required (Real Decreto 1161/2009, 10th July 2009). For spouses and/or children of Spanish Nationals the above condition applies provided that the marriage and/or birth is registered according with the Spanish Civil Register (original Libro de Familia). Please note, that the UK Residence Permit must state literally that the holder is a family member of an EU/EEA National. If not, a visa is required.
Bangladesh (1) (2*)
Bosnia & Herzegovina
Central Africa Republic
Democratic Republic of Congo (1) (2*)
Equatorial Guinea (1)
Frandesspass documents (1)
Hong Kong (when it is not SAR)
Iran (1) (2*)
Iraq (1) (2*)
Ivory Coast (2)
Mali (1) (2)
Nigeria (1) (2*)
North Korea (1)
Pakistan (1) (2*)
Papua New Guinea
Refugee Travel Documents (1)
Saudi Arabia (1)
Sierra Leone (2)
Somalia (1) (2*)
South Sudan (1)
Sri Lanka (1) (2*)
Sudan (1) (2)
The Airport Transit visa will only allow the holder into the International Lounge and will not permit the passenger entry into Spain.